Tayfun KARATAŞ was born in 1977 in Fatsa, Ordu. After completing his primary, secondary and high school education in his town, he graduated from Girne American University, Faculty of Business Administration in English.
He started his professional career in 2001. Below are some of the institutions he has worked for:
- Renault Karadeniz / Eastern Anatolia Council President
- Member of the Assembly from the automotive sector at Fatsa Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Fatsa Chamber of Commerce and Industry Young Entrepreneurs Board Member
- Fatsa Red Crescent Association Vice President
- General Secretary of Fatsa Environment Districts Congress
- President of Fatsa Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Fatsa Belediyespor Club President
- Fatsa OSB Vice Chairman
- Turkish Armed Forces Fatsa Honorary Information Board Chairman
- TOBB Young Entrepreneurs Supreme Council Member
- TOBB Account Review Commission Rapporteur
- Member of Advisory Board of Ordu University
He is married and has two children.